Senior or Principal Bridge Engineers
Senior or Principal Bridge Engineers
Roughan & O’Donovan (ROD) is looking to recruit several senior or principal bridge engineers for permanent positions in our UK office in Otley, 10 miles north of Leeds
Job type: Permanent
Location: Otley, Leeds, UK
Salary: £43,000 to £55,000+ depending on experience
As a senior or principal bridge engineer, you will be providing specialist and technically demanding input to bridge and multidisciplinary civil engineering projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with both existing and new bridges and civil structures across a range of materials and forms, superstructure, substructure and articulation elements
- Involvement at early project stages: scoping, specifying and interpreting surveys, inspection and investigative works, optioneering, scheme design
- Detailed design: modelling, calculations, overseeing drawing production
- Document preparation, including authoring technical reports, such as AIPs, specifications and contract documents
- Reviewing the work of others: cat 3 checking, as a client representative and designer’s site representative
- Interfacing with clients from local and national authorities, consultants, and D&B contractors amongst others
- Supporting graduate engineers as they progress towards chartership
As ROD continues to grow its presence in the UK, there will also be opportunities for you to work on bids and tenders alongside members of ROD’s senior management in Otley.
Our very strong order book for 2022 and beyond features a broad range of bridgeworks and offers you much scope for career advancement.
- Minimum Level 8 honours degree in civil/structural engineering or equivalent
- Minimum seven years’ (senior engineer) / 10 years’ (principal engineer) professional experience
- For exceptional candidates, fewer years’ experience than that outlined above may be considered
- Chartered engineer with the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) or equivalent
- Detailed knowledge and experience in the use of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) and other standards and legislation
- Fluent/highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Motivated individual with a strong work ethic
- Ability to undertake and/or manage structural analysis modelling, such as grillages and finite element
- Multidisciplinary consultancy or contracting experience from allied civil engineering disciplines, such as highways, structural, geotechnics, rail or water
- A willingness and aptitude for understanding and contributing to colleagues’ work in areas beyond transportation infrastructure projects
- Interest in developing a business, liaising directly with clients and working on bids and tenders
Founded in 1974, ROD is a director-owned company employing over 200 people in the UK and Ireland. Our managing director is based in Otley.
We provide civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancy services, with a notable specialism in bridges. About 20% of our work is UK-based, and this figure is steadily increasing due to our strong relationships with clients.
Current and recent bridge projects include:
- Humber Bridge Barton Tower side span A-frames works
- Great Yarmouth Third River Crossing in Norfolk
- Waterford Public Infrastructure Project
- River Cycle Bridge, Renfrewshire, Scotland
- Northern Spire Bridge in Sunderland
- Dublin moveable bridges – design development of 2 No. proposed high-profile structures
- Balanced cantilever segmental post-tensioned bridge cat 3 check
ROD is a welcoming company. We genuinely care about our staff. Our UK office is in a converted mill building, situated in a picturesque wooded environment alongside the River Wharfe, with parking available.
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Apply by clicking the link: https://roughan-and-odonovan.hirehive.com/job/97817/senior-or-principal-bridge-engineers
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
For compliance purposes, Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising from the recruitment process.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of a candidate(s) being hired.