ROD Graduate Programme 2023, Dublin
ROD Graduate Programme 2023, Dublin
Join ROD's two-year graduate development programme to gain the experience you will need to become a well-rounded, chartered professional engineer.
Job type: Permanent
Location: Sandyford, D.18 and Northwood, D.9
Closing date: Friday, 21 October
About the programme
Roughan & O'Donovan's graduate programme is designed for graduates who want to start broad and embrace different experiences and perspectives before specialising.
By joining us, you will:
- gain valuable experience working with multidisciplinary design teams on large, high-profile projects across a range of sectors, including bridges, transportation, buildings, environmental, geotechnical and water
- receive one-to-one support from experienced mentors, who will guide your career development and keep you on track to achieving your goals
- develop your technical skills by undertaking four challenging rotations, each of six months duration, across a number of discipline areas including: bridges; transportation; buildings; environmental; geotechnical; water; research and site
- receive extensive support on your learning and development journey, attending a wide range of accredited training courses, seminars and workshops to support your professional development during these important early career stages
At the end of the programme, our mentors, chartered professionals and technical experts will be ready to help you reach your next career milestone – becoming chartered.
- Support project engineers and project technicians on assigned projects, fulfilling the project brief in an efficient, controlled and safe manner
- Support the project engineer in carrying out design, reporting, contract documentation, checking and contract implementation activity
- Support senior engineering and administration personnel in their day-to-day activities
- Promote adherence to ROD systems and standards
- Where appropriate, attend site and supervise and monitor site activities
- Minimum level 8 degree in civil or structural engineering or equivalent
- Keen interest in the practical application of engineering
- Strong analytical skills
- Good teamwork, communication and problem-solving skills
- Good work ethic
- Fluency/high level of proficiency in spoken and written English
- Work experience in the industry an advantage
About Roughan and O’Donovan
Roughan and O’Donovan (ROD) is a leading civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancy. An independently owned firm, we employ a multidisciplinary team of more than 230 people, of 20 different nationalities, in our Dublin and UK offices.
Our people are the heart of our business, and we invest heavily in their personal and professional development through all stages of career development. We are an Engineers Ireland CPD Accredited Employer, operate an Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) training scheme, and have well-established graduate and chartership support programmes.
Current projects include:
- Trinity College Dublin Old Library Redevelopment Project
- Great Yarmouth Third River Crossing, UK
- Waterford City Public Infrastructure
- Enhancing Motorway Operation Services (eMOS) programme
- Dart+ West
- Rosslare to Waterford Greenway
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Apply by clicking the link: https://bit.ly/3e851q7
Roughan & O'Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
For compliance purposes, Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising from the recruitment process.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of a candidate(s) being hired.